At Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, you won't just find a career – you'll discover an exclusive experience that gives you an opportunity to learn more, grow more and become more. Our staff demonstrates an unwavering commitment to patient care, consistently performing at a level that is extraordinary. As part of our team, you’ll discover why our unique combination of research and patient care has earned us national ranking by U.S. News & World Report, as well as an ANCC Magnet™ designation for the fourth consecutive time. What’s more, you’ll work in one of the most popular, cultural, historical and diverse cities in the nation. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is known for its nearly 200 distinct neighborhoods and extensive park systems, along with numerous sports teams, museums and a vibrant theater community.
Doctoral Capstone Coordinator – Occupational Therapy, CHS Department
Our students are our investment in the future of health care. And our Individual Doctoral Experience and Capstone Project facilitates hands-on exposure that will inform their careers. The new Capstone Coordinator is directly responsible for addressing faculty, doctoral experience mentors and student needs relative to the doctoral experience and capstone project. You’ll ensure a quality experience and set the program’s standards for years to come. Are you ready to play a vital role in the development of doctoral candidates at one of the most prominent academic health centers?
- Act as a liaison between the students, doctoral experience sites and Rush University
- Assist students in identifying potential doctoral experience sites and meet accreditation requirements
- Collaborate with students, mentors and faculty to develop doctoral experience sites, objectives and capstone projects
- Oversee the completion of the capstone project
- Oversee research, including data collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination
- Work with doctoral sites and the Rush Office of Legal Affairs to ensure timely contract negotiations
- Work with doctoral site mentors to develop skills necessary to facilitate effective student mentorship
- Prepare an annual report or strategic plan for doctoral experience
- Assure eligibility and compliance with ACOTE standards
- Serve as an instructor and academic advisor, as appropriate, for courses in the academic curriculum
- Engage in clinical practice, as appropriate
- Demonstrate leadership through participation in university and community committees and activities
For further details and to apply, please visit http://bit.ly/jobsatrush and search for Job Number 2016-2763.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.