Howard Head Sports Medicine has been proudly serving Eagle County and beyond since 1990 when Howard Head, world-renowned for forever changing skiing and racquet sports, and his wife, Martha Head, made a generous donation to open Howard Head Physical Therapy Clinic at Vail Valley Medical Center. Soon thereafter, the clinic began developing extensive therapy protocols for rehabilitation, setting new standards for research and innovation in the physical therapy field worldwide. Today, Howard Head has 10 clinics serving Eagle, Summit and the surrounding counties, as well as visitors from around the world who trust Vail as a center of orthopaedic excellence.
Join our team!
- Hone your skills with the world’s best athletes: As an official medical provider to US Ski/Snowboard/Free Ski/USA Climbing teams, HHSM therapists help the world’s top athletes get back to their competitive sports.
- Extraordinary Collaboration: HHSM’s Vail clinic works hand-in-hand with the best orthopedic surgeons in the world. Be a part of the team who help the world’s best athletes, destination medical patients, and our local population get back to the activities they love.
- Travel the Globe: Because of our relationship with USST and USAC, HHSM PTs may have the opportunity to travel as part of the medical team for our athletic teams to help them compete on the world stage, from the Swiss Alps, New Zealand, and beyond
- Professional Development: at HHSM we believe that learning never stops. We offer a generous continuing education package, research opportunities, and on-going in-clinic learning opportunities so you can reach all your professional goals.
Lifestyle perks of a full-time position with HHSM:
- 365 Days of Colorado mountain lifestyle: Skiing, snowboarding, road/mountain biking, rock/ice climbing, or conquering one of Colorado’s 14,000ft mountains…all are available to physical therapists at HHSM as they embark on an adventure of a lifetime. You may find you never want to leave.
- Up to 5 weeks of paid time off: If you can’t find enough to do in Colorado, the world is at your fingertips with generous paid vacation time. That trip you were always dreaming of? Go ahead, we’ll see you when you get back.
- Culture in the Mountains: Vail, Beaver Creek, Edwards & Breckenridge serve as diverse, vibrant centers of culture in the Rocky Mountains, with the culture and culinary delights of a major city, all packed into a rural, small town feel where everyone knows your name and people wave to each other from across the street.
Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
Holds or able to obtain and maintain a current Colorado Occupational Therapy license
Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
Inpatient experience preferred, hand therapy experience preferred
Need more info? Check out the attached links:
Learn more about Howard Head at: https://youtu.be/WrBVXa67Fds
Check out our website at: https://www.vvmc.com/services/physical-therapy/about-howard-head-sports-medicine
Check out our patient athletes are saying:
https://youtu.be/Jetq8RbN6-4 Alex Pucchio video
https://youtu.be/2rTqjPGKKYM Chelsea Rude video
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Howard Head Sports Medicine is an outpatient department of Vail Valley Medical Center.